A guide to mental, physical and social wellbeing in the workplace 💆♀️
What is physical health?
Physical health is defined as the condition of your body, taking into consideration everything from the absence of disease to fitness level.
Physical health is critical for overall well-being and can be affected by: Lifestyle, diet, level of physical activity and behavior, for example smoking.
Top tips to improve physical wellbeing in the workplace:
- FREE FRUIT: Having fruit readily available in the office is a great way to promote an inclusive and healthy diet to your employees.
- SPORTS CLUB: Organize an exercise group at lunchtimes or after work. Morning yoga or lunchtime run clubs are a great way to encourage exercise and physical wellbeing at work.
- DITCH THE TUBE: Offer a reward scheme to those who take alternative transport to work such as walking, cycling or running.
- STAY HYDRATED: Have a drink tap or water machine in the office. Encourage employees to stay hydrated by giving them re-usable water bottles – these are also good for the environment!
- OUT OF OFFICE, OUT OF MIND: Enforce an ‘out of office, out of mind’ policy, so that people aren’t working late at home on their phones. Being on your phone, laptop or TV can inhibit the brain’s production of melatonin, which is the hormone that helps us fall asleep and stay asleep.