Company profile - Retail Tech Start-up
In this QA Tester role, you will be joining an established and highly profitable retail tech start-up. Its SaaS software is used by a number of retail clients across the globe, and in multiple languages. With huge clients such as Hugo Boss, M&S, BP, and Specsavers on their books, their cloud-based products help to streamline store operations, communications, and task management – simplifying processes to save time and increase store performance.
This company has recently joined a global technology group, the global leader in cloud-based retail technology, and an exciting Junior QA Tester vacancy has become available in their brilliant Product team!
Job Description - Junior QA Tester
In this Junior QA Tester job in Shoreditch, London, you will be joining the talented Product and Development Team of a vibrant and fast-growing start-up. You'll report directly to the Product Director, and work closely with the QA manager to develop and grow QA processes, run tests, identify issues and creatively solve problems.
Every customer has their own requirements, all of which need to be accommodated into a single configurable platform. They also have a roadmap of brand new features, plus ongoing questions of performance, scaling and maintenance. This presents a continuous stream of compelling technical challenges at every level, and makes this company a genuinely exciting place to be a QA Tester!
Key responsibilities - Junior QA Tester
In this Junior QA Tester opportunity in London, your main responsibilities will be:
- Reporting directly to the Product Director
- Developing and growing the QA processes
- Working with the QA Manager to test all the tickets within each sprint, identifying issues and clearly communicating how to recreate them to developers
- Writing, communicating and executing test plans
- Providing internal technical support and issue resolution
- Managing & maintaining our QA sites
- Managing and continuously improving our QA processes and ways of working
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree from a top university, ideally in a technical subject
- Previous experience in test-driven development is highly beneficial
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Highly data-driven and analytical
- Quizzical mind with a skill of finding the route problem
- The ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- A genuine passion for quality assurance and courses / experience
- An independent, self-starter who is willing to jump straight in
- An understanding of how software development lifecycles run is desired
- Experience in writing and completing technical tests beneficial
- An independent self-starter who is keen to take on new challenges
- Bonus opportunities
- Clear progression plan
- Socials / team bonding days