The UK's leading graduate recruitment agency.
Company Profile- Publishers
This company is one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, and a subsidiary of News Corp, the largest media group worldwide.
Headquartered in New York, this company has publishing groups around the world, including the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India. They are consistently at the forefront of innovation, using digital technology to create unique reading experiences and expand the reach of its authors.
The team focuses on driving growth across all divisions of the company through data-driven projects ranging from digital marketing and to revenue forecasting and algorithms. An incredible opportunity to learn about data analysis and strategy and to develop a cutting-edge ever-evolving skillset in a team with a results-oriented start-up-like mentality.
Job description – Junior Data Analyst
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join our Growth and Analytics team, playing a critical role in the definition, implementation and optimisation of revenue growth strategies in the ever-changing publishing industry and the ultra-competitive UK market. This is an amazing opportunity to join a Big Data environment and to become a key player in the fast-paced growth of the function by contributing to Growth & Analytics strategy with analysis, cross-functional, multi-stakeholder projects and process automation.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn more about technology, marketing and strategy in an innovative and dynamic environment amongst big players such as Amazon and Audible, with plenty of space to apply their expertise, develop and grow.
Key responsibilities - Junior Data Analyst
In this Junior Data Analyst role, your responsibilities will include:
- Learn, maintain and improve G&A’s strategy for the digital markets, including pricing best practices, processes, tools, reports and documentation.
- Learn and implement the team’s best practices to optimise book positioning online and conversion both via SEO and SEM.
- Support with analysis to understand main factors driving commercial performance across the company’s products (e-books, print books, audio-books), retailers (Amazon, Apple, Audible...) and markets, delivering insights and actions across all divisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of this company's and its competitors’ business models and tactics, as well as best practices and process automations.
- Manage the internal dynamic pricing process, including working closely with Development, Digital Operations, and local / global Sales teams.
- Drive and motivate collaboration and cross-functional alignment between a wide range of functions and stakeholders to unleash the potential of Big Data analytics across the company.
- Support the Strategy team and functions in the UK, maintaining and innovating on strategies and algorithms to drive growth for the company in the UK.
- Engaging with the divisions and central teams in London at our London Bridge office.
- A graduate from university, maths, science and business-related degrees are preferred
- Highly analytical skills with a strongly strategic mindset
- Great attention to detail; organised and accurate approach to work; meticulous and thorough
- Proficient in English; can effectively distil information into clear, concise, communicable insights.
- Ambitious and results-oriented, business-driven professional with strategic mindset
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with integrity and confidence dealing with people
- Creative, innovative thinker with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Able to take responsibility without micromanagement.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in Excel (INDEX, nested IF statements)
- Experience with analysis in a high-volume transactional data environment
- Appropriately documenting for future reference or review
- Bonus opportunities
- Clear diversity policy
- Clear progression plan
- Company holidays / weekends away
- Discounted or free food / drinks
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Pension plan
- Private healthcare / insurance