Looking for Graduate Research jobs or Analytical opportunities in London? A global research and consulting firm is now looking for a personable, network-oriented Research Associate to join their London team - apply today!
Company profile - Retail Banking Consultancy
In this Research Associate role, you will be joining a widely recognised research and consulting firm with over three decades of experience in the retail banking industry. They conduct research in over 180 countries and have an impressive portfolio of clients including American Express, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, Merill Lynch and Barclays.
Their research is independent and specialised, leveraging an extensive network of experts globally and their consulting is analytically rigorous, setting them apart from other firms.
Job description - Graduate Research Associate (Language Speaking)
In this Research Associate role, you will be involved in carrying out international primary and secondary research, working with quantitative and qualitative data such as surveys, executive interviews, conference activities, newsletters, analysis of data/statistics and report writing.
Candidates must be fluent in English (essential) and one other language. This firm regularly uses the following European languages: French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and Turkish, and also have an interest in non-European languages including Arabic, Farsi, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Thai.
Successful candidates will typically have a mix of strong communication, writing and numerical skills, and the ability to build relationships with research contacts around the world. You will have significant individual responsibility while working as part of larger project teams. As you build your career within the business, you will gain increased project manager responsibilities, develop your research and consultancy skills and gain an impressive knowledge of the retail banking industry. *Please note: You must be able to speak a second language to be successful in this role.*
Key responsibilities - Graduate Research Associate (Language Speaking)In this Research Associate role, your responsibilities will involve:
Job requirements - Graduate Research Associate (Language Speaking)
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research on market trends concerning retail banking and payments systems and producing forecasts for market performance
- Sourcing contacts for expert interviews, conducting interviews and using information gained from interviews to inform my data analysis.
- Managing a research portfolio of several countries, including maintaining databases of information sources and presenting research findings to client teams in these countries
- Strengthening relationships with existing industry contacts and building new relationships with experts identified
- Opportunity to be involved in writing newsletters for their bulletin
- 1+ years experience in a customer or client-facing role
- Fluent in English and another language
- 2:1 or above at university
- Demonstrable skill in carrying out research with a logical approach
- A good understanding of the business world
- An interest in banking and finance would be highly beneficial
- Diligent and proactive with a resourceful nature
- Good writing and numerical skills
- The ability to work well within a team, under pressure and with a positive attitude